Outdoor Cannabis Consulting
Advanced Growing Techniques
So you’ve started growing cannabis, you may have even had some success and now you want to know how to take your cannabis cultivation game to the next level. In this class we will explore some advanced cannabis growing techniques for the home grower. Each of these techniques requires a bit of effort to implement, but in the end they can greatly improve your yields.
- Cloning – Making new plants by cutting off a portion of a female plant. This allows for the growth of multiple plants that are genetically identical to the “mother” plant (the plant that the cutting came from). The clones are always female and require less time to grow to harvest.
- Topping – The process of cutting off a small portion off the top of a young plant to increase yield.
- Fimming – Similar to topping, but more of a ‘haircut’ than actually removing the whole top. It is less traumatic to the plant. Fimming encourages bushy growth and increases cola yields.
- Lollipopping – The process of removing side branches and lower, smaller growth. This allows the plant to focus its energy on its main colas.
- LST (Low Stress Training) – Involves bending the branches slowly so that they grow in a certain direction. Similar to braces on your teeth.
- Monster Cropping – Taking cuttings from a flowering plant and re-vegging it.
- Super Cropping – Bending (almost breaking) the branches or main stem in order to increase nutrient uptake, resulting in stronger growth and yields.
- SCROG (Screen of Green) – This is when a screen (usually of netting) is attached at a desired height above the plants. This allows the growing cannabis plants to begin to grow horizontally after reaching the height limit, thus keeping the canopy, or height, at an even level. This allows consistent light penetration into the growing plants. Many growers have consistently high yields using this method.
- SOG (Sea of Green) – Another advanced cannabis growing technique is called Sea of Green. This is a technique of filling the grow area with many smaller plants that have one main cola.
- Flushing – The process of pouring clean water through the soil or growing medium of a plant in order to remove excess nutrients or solids. This is done if the plant is in distress and needs to start with fresh nutrients and growing medium. In a hydroponic system, the water reservoir is drained and refilled with fresh, plain water.
Date is TBD dependent on when we can fill the class with 10 people.
Cost: $200.00 per person
Timeframe: 2 days for 3 hours each day. Will figure out days with the attendees
Location: Fiddle Farms
If you are interested, please fill out the form belowSo you’ve started growing cannabis, you may have even had some success and now you want to know how to take your cannabis cultivation game to the next level. In this class we will explore some advanced cannabis growing techniques for the home grower. Each of these techniques requires a bit of effort to implement,… ]]>