Cooking with Envy: Cannabis Sugar Cookies
It is officially December, so if you haven’t started thinking about your Christmas baking yet now is the time. We will be growing our cannabis recipe book this month with extra special Christmas recipes so make sure to check our blog regularly or follow us on social media for updates. Today we are going to start with a classic, cannabis sugar cookies. Sugar cookies are a staple for many people during the holidays and thankfully they’re easy to make. Amazon even has an awesome marijuana leaf cookie cutter that you can add to your collection.
Cannabis Sugar Cookies
Approximately 24 cookies
2 ½ cups flour, plus more for rolling
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup of infused coconut oil mixed with 3/4 cup of butter *
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
For the frosting: powdered sugar and milk
*Dosage notes: Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so check out our Measurement Guide for help. 1/4 cup coconut oil is 200mg THC (approx 8.5mg per cookie) or 125mg CBD (approx 5mg per cookie). To adjust the dosage reduce or increase the amount of coconut oil in comparison to butter for a total of 1 cup.
At Envy, we always recommend starting with a lower dose and increasing after an hour.
INSTRUCTIONS for Cannabis Sugar Cookies
- Melt coconut oil and beat, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to mixture a little at a time, stirring until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for an hour or longer.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough on a generously floured surface to approximately ⅓” thick. Cut cookies and transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.
INSTRUCTIONS for frosting
Combine powdered sugar with milk and stir until desired consistency is reached, then add food coloring as desired.
Cannabis sugar cookies are fun to make and can turn out just about any way that you like, we would love to see what you create. Do you use a cookie cutter (like us) or do you free-hand them? Share the end results of your sugar cookies on social media tag @miss.enybotanicals and use the hashtag #CookingWithEnvy
All of our creations are produced with only the best organic non-GMO ingredients and infused with love. Check out our website each week for new recipes cooked with these amazing products.
If there are any meals or other culinary creations you would like to see us try, send us a message on Instagram @miss.envybotanicals and we may give it a try!
Have you tried cooking with Envy? Have a unique recipe you want to share? Send it our way!
Cannabis sugar cookies need to be in your recipe book this holiday season. With Miss Envy's cannabis infused coconut oil this is an easy recipe for anyone.