Categories
BLOG

light bleached weed

Light bleaching? I am still wondering, bad?

Eharmony420
Well-Known Member

I have my 400 about an inch away from my buds. The upper most buds have gotten white but are huge and no leaf curl or burn. I mean white I mean they are bleached. Is this bad or just a color thing? Should I be conderned? I was so happy not to have summer heat anymore that I let her rip.

I think I asked this before, but I can t remmeber why I got no answer I assume, lol. The answer is not in my head so i musta not have gotten any answers, but I apologise if i asked this before.

Uncle Ben
Well-Known Member

When you bleach out the lifeblood of the plant, chlorophyll, then you have destroyed the very thing that produces flowers. Has nothing to do with heat. You can screw up a plant with too much light at 50F – letting “it rip” may sound good in forums, but plants hate such abusive treatments. That 400W should be no closer than about 12″. Buy a light meter that registers to 10,000 f.c.

So yes, you should be very concerned. Read up what makes a plant tick and see my sig link below regarding the ill effects of giving a plant too much light.

I have my 400 about an inch away from my buds. The upper most buds have gotten white but are huge and no leaf curl or burn. I mean white I mean they are…