Making brownies with your ‘Already Vaped Bud’!
October 13, 2020
Last month, we explained why it is worth saving your ‘already vaped bud’ (AVB for short). Today, we’re going to show you how easy to recycle your vaped herbs into potent edibles
The dry herbs left in your vaporizer after a session will still have between 20-30% of cannabinoids left in. This means your AVB is perfect for creating potent edibles – a lifesaver when you’re on a budget and need to stretch out the life of your herbs!
To check your herbs are in the right condition to make potent edibles with you should this blog post: Why you should be saving your AVBs
Technically, because our flowers will have already been decarboxylated in our vaporizer we could just throw the herbs into our brownie mix.
However, this will not taste too great so we’re going to make infused butter first!
Making ‘infused’ butter.
When cannabinoids are exposed to heat they’ll attach to fat molecules. This is why butter is a popular choice for making choice for infusing edibles.
To create the most potent butter we’ll need to look for a brand with high saturated fat.
You can amend the recipe below to change the size or potency of the butter made.
- First thing first, we’ll need to save up between 8-10grams of AVB. So get vaping!
- Put 100grams of your butter in a small pan and melt it on a low heat setting.
- If you have any cheesecloth available you can use this to make a tea bag of sorts with your herbs. If not, pop your herbs straight in the melted butter – we can strain it later.
- Stir the butter and the bud together until the entire mixture is liquid and begins to simmer. – If the butter turns dark brown or the bud turns black you’ve probably added too much heat – Be careful!
- Depending on how patient you are, leave the mixture to simmer for 20 – 40 mins. Leaving it longer will allow more molecules to bind to your butter.
- Once the time is up, remove the mixture from the heat.
- If you used a cheesecloth squeeze all the excess butter out. If you put the herb straight into the mix we’ll have to pour the mixture into a container whilst straining the herbs out with a sieve. We can now throw our herbs away.
Voila! We can now leave the butter to set in the fridge or we can use it straight away!
The best thing about this recipe is that we can substitute it in for any recipe that calls for butter. At dank! we have a sweet tooth so we are obviously going to make chocolate brownies!
Last month, we explained why it is worth saving your 'already vaped bud' (AVB for short). Today, we’re going to show you how easy to recycle your vaped herbs into potent edibles The dry herbs left in your vaporizer after a session will still have between 20-30% of cannabinoids left in. This means your AVB is perfect f