Plastic grow pots
The best place to buy plastic pots in Sydney
We love plastic pots. They’re tough enough to withstand the elements but light enough to be easily moved. Plus, plastic plant pots are completely waterproof, to protect your deck, floors and furniture from water damage.
Plastic pots are also a great go-to for container gardening in small spaces and balcony gardens, thanks to their ease of movement and weather-proof hardiness. Thanks to our range of interesting shapes and beautiful colours, you’ll find plastic pots to suit every space.
What are the benefits of plastic plant pots?
Whether you’re considering plastic garden pots or plastic indoor pots, there are many benefits to choosing plastic for your plants.
- They are generally less expensive than ceramic, concrete or terracotta.
- They often have more drainage holes than heavier alternatives and it’s easy to drill more holes in them if needed
- They’re lightweight, so they’re great for balconies and decks where you don’t want to overload the space. This also makes plastic a good choice for hanging planters from the ceiling.
- They come in a huge variety of shapes and sizes, and can be thick and sturdy or ultra fine.
- They are a safer, non-breakable alternative to ceramic, clay or terracotta if you have young children or pets around.
- They keep moisture in, which helps keep soil moist – great for plants that don’t like to dry out.
- They’re waterproof, so won’t seep moisture into floors or furniture.
- Black plastic holds heat well, so it’s a good choice for plants that like roots to be kept warm.
- You can now buy plant pots made of recycled plastic, for a more eco-friendly alternative.
What to do with plastic plant pots
If you’re often finding yourself in Flower Power buying more plants, you may discover you have quite a collection of plastic plant pots. Don’t throw them away! There are plenty of ways you can repurpose them. Here’s what to do with plastic plant pots:
- Use them as temporary homes for propagation or split existing plants and gift to friends.
- Smaller ones can be used for seed germination before you transplant plants to the garden.
- Plant water plants in them, then submerge them in your pond. Make sure to add extra weight like rocks to the bottom before submerging.
- Plant them within your garden bed to contain plants that run wild, like mint.
- Use them as liners for prettier plant pots that have no drainage.
- Pop them upside down over small plants to protect them when you dump mulch, or on frosty nights.
- Put them upside down inside larger decorative pots so you don’t have to fill the whole thing with soil. This helps to keep the weight down, and means you use less potting mix.
- Paint them your favourite colour and use them as planters again and again. This is also a fun project for children.
How to store plastic plant pots
How to store plastic plant pots isn’t as simple as just throwing them in a cupboard. You’ll need to give them a good clean in between use to avoid transferring pests, dormant seeds and diseases between plants.
Start by emptying your container. Remove the dead vegetation and if the plant was free from disease, you can compost it along with the potting mix. Don’t reuse the potting mix as it won’t have enough nutrients for a new plant. Wash your pots with warm soapy water to kill any bugs or fungus, then let them dry completely before storing them.
You can store plastic plant pots outside, but ceramic and terracotta should be stored indoors if possible.
Where to buy clear plastic pots for orchids, big plastic pots for trees, and plastic herb planters
Flower Power has the best range of plastic garden pots in Sydney. With a huge variety of shapes, colours, sizes and weights, you’ll find the perfect plastic pot for your home or garden. Explore our selection online or visit us in one of our 10 convenient Sydney locations to see the range for yourself.
Browse plastic pots at Flower Power. Order online or shop in-store today for plastic plant pots, plastic garden pots & more! Delivery available.
ESSENTIAL PRODUCTS FOR SOWING
LOCAL PLANT SALES
We are currently operating as normal
Latest service information can be found here
PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING.
DELIVERY NOTICE: Due to the current pandemic we are experiencing longer than normal delivery times with both Royal Mail and DX. Please allow an additional 2 working days for ALL ORDERS before contacting us, unless any tracking displays an issue. We are getting ALL orders in the postal system with 24 hours of the order being placed and not holding any orders due to stock problems. PLEASE BARE with the couriers, they are doing a fantastic job with the current situation.
PLEASE NOTE: We are experiencing high volume of orders at present, we will not be taking orders by telephone or taking any calls , please email with ANY query – contact us
SEED ORDERS: We are experiencing high volume for seed orders, we are monitoring stock levels each day and placing orders with Kings Seeds to try to meet demand, however should we not be able to meet any order we will automatically refund any product we can not supply.
Delivery from £3.75
on all standard orders
Free UK delivery
on orders over £120.00
Free UK delivery
on Seed only orders
Plastic flower pots, seed trays and planting trays, the cost effective answer for a gardeners horticultural needs.
We are proud to offer customers throughout the United Kingdom (and beyond) a high quality of gardening products at realistic and affordable prices.
Our ever growing ranges include plastic horticultural pots, plastic flower pots, round growing pots, square plant pots uk, plant trays, plastic plug trays, plastic cell packs and planting sets, all a gardener would need to grow seeds, plugs and cuttings.
Our terracotta pots are our best seller, with our black planting pots coming in a vast array of sizes and volumes. To help our customers we have put together a selection of planting sets, including square pots with carry trays, round plastic flower pots with carry trays, seed trays with carry trays and cell packs with carry trays.
We have developed our range of products over the years building a strong relationship with Kings Seeds UK, we have a large selection of annual and perennial flower seeds complemented by a vast amount of vegetable seeds covering a wide range of produce to suite every allotment gardener.
With our low cost planting products we serve many types of customers, from the very keen gardener or allotment owner to Teachers in primary schools requiring flower pots to help teach the next generation of gardeners, many of our products are used by small garden centres and plant nurseries, we are happy to help any type of customer.
Flower Pots and Square plastic planting pots, plant trays, root trainers, Plug propagation trays, seed trays. A selection of vegetable and flower seeds