‘Largest ever’ cannabis plant found in Weston garden
THE LARGEST cannabis plant ever found by Avon and Somerset Constabulary was seized from a property in Weston yesterday (Thurs).
The record plant scaled a six-foot fence in the garden of a property in Brue Close on the Bournville estate.
Officers raided two neighbouring homes and found the plant along with cannabis bud, weapons, weighing scales and cash.
Two men were arrested, one from each property.
Inside one house, there was cannabis bud drying next to radiators and on a clothes airer.
You may also want to watch:
A 55-year-old man is currently in custody after being arrested for cultivation.
A smaller plant was found in the garden of the property next door, while police found buds in jars.
- 1 Man dies and woman in serious condition following collision in Weston
- 2 Armed offenders burgle Weston home
- 3 Independent chocolate shop opens in Weston town centre
- 4 Church faces ‘catastrophic roof failure’
- 5 Worle shop thanks customers for support
- 6 Villages host advent window trails
- 7 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 8 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital’s A&E department
Weapons including a baseball bat, two sets of scales and cash were also seized from the house and a 49-year-old man was arrested.
Neighbourhood beat manager Andy Vallender said: “While we obviously had information to prompt us going to the houses, we did not expect to find anything like the size of plants and quantity of cannabis.
“People need to understand that cultivating cannabis is against the law and we will act on any information we get about people growing it.
“When you consider the other things seized from one property – the scales, the money, the weapons – you can see it is not a harmless pastime.”
Anyone with information on cannabis production is asked to police on 101.
Become a Supporter
This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we’re asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.THE LARGEST cannabis plant ever found by Avon and Somerset Constabulary was seized from a property in Weston yesterday (Thurs). ]]>